Great picture: Starting at 2:48 am on Saturday indicates the relay relay transmission from government space missions to public-private partnerships, in which billionaires, like Elon Mask, who founded and operate SpaceX, will share a research loan space in the US.
- This will be the first case when a spacecraft designed for the transportation of astronauts will enter the space station. (ISS) on rockets built by private companies.
Details: During a 6-day mission, the SpaceX dragon crew will attempt to stand independently from the ISS, but checking most of the capabilities of the crew transport system. 1
Yes, but: Before they can launch people into space, SpaceX and Boeing must meet stringent safety requirements, including limiting the risk of loss or permanent disability of the crew to the chance of the 1st's 270.
- This standard is more rigorous than the one used for the NASA Shuttle program.
- Difficulties in meeting crew requirements, as well as design and production problems led to significant delays in the commercial crew program, so that NASA had to consider action plans to support the ISS's access to the event neither Boeing nor SpaceX is not ready for a safe start.
- Demo-1 flight is expected to show some disadvantages in the SpaceX system in order to fix them, reports NASA.
"I hope that we will learn something about this flight," he said. "I guarantee that everything will not work properly, and it's cool, that's exactly what we want to do."
– Bill Gerstenmeier, the administrator of NASA's space flight program administrator, during a pre-briefing
- hedging his bets against the possibility of further delays, considering the acquisition of two additional Soyuz seats in 2019 and 2020, according to Space News.
What to Watch: NASA controls and certifies these companies but is now taking over
But this does not mean that NASA will disappear in the background, says Eric Stallmer, President of the Commercial Space Flight Forum, which contributes to the development of the sector. commercial space.
- is a brand name and will continue to do incredible things, "says Stonever Axis. He says that SpaceX, Boeing and other private logos of the space flight company can be seen with similar respect in the future.
- "The people are commercially minded," he says. He called it "national embarrassment" that the United States had gone about 8 years with the possibility of launching their own astronauts.
What follows: After the demo-1 test, a rollback test will take place during the flight. Assuming that everything goes smoothly and the company meets certification requirements, then the first SpaceX flight test on the ISS, with the astronauts Bob Becken and Doug Hurley on board, may come back in July. The Boeing chronology continues at approximately the same pace.