Prince Harry sues two British tabloids, accusing them of breaking his phone and stealing voicemails.
Lawsuits against the Daily Mirror and The Sun have been filed with the UN High Court on behalf of Harry and provide for "unlawful interception of voicemails," Buckingham Palace confirmed on Saturday by the Associated Press.
The announcement comes four days after American wife Harry Megan Markle filed a lawsuit against the Post on Sunday and her affiliate Associated Newspapers, claiming "a harassing and illegal publication of a private letter" written by the Duchess of Sussex. The Guardian reported that Markle wrote a letter to his estranged father.
MEGAN MARKLES SHOWS THE BRITISH TABLOOD, PRINCE HARRY KNOWS: "MY GLOBAL FEARS HISTORY REPEATS" [Fox Group News] The newspaper acknowledged the legal actions of Harry. Reach plc, which owns the Daily Mirror, said it "knows the proceedings have been breached" but has not yet been notified.
MEGAN MARKL, Using AFRICAN TOUR FOR REPAIR OF "REQUESTED" REPUTATION: REPORT
On Tuesday, Harry issued a statement condemning " that has been rising over the last year. "
"Until now, we have not been able to correct the persistent distortions ̵
"I have seen what happens when someone I love is commercialized so that they are no longer treated or perceived as a real person. I have lost my mom and now I am watching my wife fall victim to those the same mighty forces, "he said in reference to his mother, Princess Diana, who died in a car crash in 1997 while trying to escape the paparazzi in Paris.
TIME OF THE BIGGEST IMPRESSION OF THE ROYAL FAMILY
British tabloid newspapers have paid millions of dollars to settle claims that their employees have broken the phone and other people's voices.
Harry and William had a long relationship with the press. They grew up in the spotlight and were little boys when their parents' divorced parents got wall-to-wall coverage.
CLICK HERE for ALL-NEW FOXBUSINESS.COM
Fox News by Maria Haas and associated press contributed to this report.