North Korea identified nuclear talks with the US that broke on Saturday as "painful."
On Sunday, representatives of North Korea say they doubt that the United States will have new proposed plans for countries to go through Stockholm and proposed a two-week nuclear talks. The country has warned that it will only wait until the end of the year when the US comes to the table with a plan.
"We do not intend to hold such fierce talks as … this time before, the United States is taking serious steps to fully and irreversibly withdraw its hostile policy on the DPRK," the North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman said. Reuters.
North Korea was dissatisfied with Washington's efforts to negotiate. Saturday's nuclear deal in Stockholm, saying officials had not made any plans after negotiations stalled for months.
"Negotiations did not live up to our expectations and were finally terminated," Kim Myong Gila reported.
The State Department has already accepted an invitation to Stockholm two weeks later to continue negotiations. Saturday's statement from the department stated that North Korea's comments "do not reflect the content or spirit of today's 8-hour debate."
Hill appealed to the State Department for comment.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un Kin-jung missile test of North Korea raises fears of new opportunities US and North Korea suspend nuclear talks: Pompeo report says "many more jobs" ahead for North, US on nuclear talks MORE invited President Trump Donald John Trump Trump criticizes North Korea's alleged second justifier testing missiles is fearful of new opportunities. The window narrows for Trump's trade deals MORE in Pyongyang a month earlier, the president was first invited.
Last week, however, North Korea successfully launched a submarine ballistic missile a few days before the scheduled talks.