Uber recently announced some improvements in his Uber Black experience, which is probably the impetus for encouraging more people to use the premium regime. Most people use UberX, although, in addition to cars, there is no particular differentiation in terms of service.
These corrections are based on the feedback from Uber Black riders who said they want high-quality service and premium comfort.
Here are some of the new features that Uber unfolds and how they describe them:
- Quiet Mode : If you need to respond to emails or tune in to sleep, make your trip quieter only with one click.
- Luggage Assistance : Let your driver know an extra pair of hands for your luggage.
- Temperature control : communication of your optimal temperature before entering the vehicle.
- Extended lifting period : Horsemen will have a little more time to get to the car when unexpected delays occur.
- Premium support: live agents, if you need to do something right
These new features were available to 100% American Uber Black cars from yesterday,
] Most specifically, the waiting period, which increases from two minutes to about thirty minutes, is a big, in my opinion.
While other additions sound great, do not forget that they are given only as "settings" and I do not expect them to be executed in 100% of cases.
For example, when you book your trip, you will be given the option to select some settings, including "Quiet Desired" or "Happy in chat".
As an introvert and who works almost 100% of the time, I am in Ubers, I love when the driver is quiet. However, I would still feel rude to basically choose that "advantage." Maybe this is wrong, but it just seems … inconvenient.
Even as someone who does not like to speak, I also think that it really depends on the situation. In other words, there are some drivers with whom I have great conversations. Then there are other drivers who talk all the time, but do not get hints. So, it seems that it's difficult to fully balance.
Nevertheless, in general, I am a fan of this, if it does not annoy the driver. It's beautifully counteracts the fact that Uber loves tagging certain drivers as "known for a great conversation." This is not a selling point, in my opinion!
I'm curious what guys are you doing Uber's new "quiet mode", be it a rider and / or driver?