The West's top-ranked Golden State Warriors began their quest for a three-peat on Saturday night when they faced off against No. 8 seed Los Angeles Clippers in the first round of the playoffs and they looked to be more than up to the task of defending their title. The Golden State took the regular season series 3-1 over the Clippers, and they continued their dominance over their Pacific Division's rival in the first matchup of their best-of-seven series as Stephen Curry was unstoppable on the offensive end, which helped Warriors Pick up a convincing 1
Here's everything you need to know about this first-round matchup between Warriors and Clippers.
No 1 Golden State Warriors vs. No. 8 Los Angeles Clippers
How to watch Game 2
- Date: Tuesday, April 16
- Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
- Location: Oracle Arena – Oakland, California
- TV channel: TNT
- Live Stats: GameTracker
- Online Streaming: FuboTV
- Odds : N / A
All games will air on ESPN, ABC, TNT and NBA TV during the postseason. Games on TNT and NBA TV can be streamed via fuboTV.
Playoff series schedule
All times Eastern
- Game 1: Warriors 121, Clippers 104 (Box Score)
- Game 2: Clippers at Warriors, Monday, April 15, 10:30 pm – TV: TNT
- Game 3: Warriors at Clippers, Thursday, April 18, 10:30 p.m. – TV: TNT
- Game 4: Warriors at Clippers, Sunday, April 21, 3:30 p.m. TV: TBD
- Game 6 *: Warriors at Clippers, Friday, April 26, TBD – TV: TBD
- Game 7 *: Clippers at Warriors, Sunday, April 28, TBD – TV: TBD
* If Required
Odds and Analysis
CheckSportsline's NBA pick sheet for all your daily odds.
Who wins Clippers vs. Warriors? And which side of the spread can you bank in over 60 percent of simulations? Visit SportsLine now to find out which side of the Clippers vs. Warriors spread you should be all over Saturday, all from the model that's up over $ 4,000 on NBA picks this season.
Clippers : The Clippers are one of the good-looking stories of the postseason, as they are not too many picked them to be there before the season's start. They will have their hands full when it comes to the Warriors, but the matchup should provide the team with some solid experience without regard.
Warriors : The Warriors enter the postseason as the heavyweight champion to win their third consecutive title. The team was clearly in the middle of the regular season, but now that the postseason is here, their focus and performance will likely rise.
Matchups to watch
1. Steve Kerr vs. Doc Rivers : Two of the game's premier coaches will go head-to-head in this series. Both have had ample success in the postseason, and both know what to expect. Playoff basketball becomes much more of a chess match, as teams play each other multiple times in a row, and it will be interesting to see how these two counteract each other.
2. Patrick Beverley vs. Steph Curry : Beverley likes to make things as difficult as possible for his opponents, and he will surely be tasked to slow Curry at times throughout the series. A matchup between the league's deadliest shooter and one of its most tenacious defenders promises to be exciting.
3. Draymond Green vs. His emotions: Green led the league with 16 technical fouls during the regular season, and his emotions have gotten the best of him in the paste in the past. The warriors will not want to lose Green for a game due to the suspension (we all remember what happened when that happened in 2016), so he will have to try to keep himself in check.
Series prediction, pick
Warriors in four: The Clippers have had a solid season, but it will end in a short order against the Warriors. The Clippers simply do not have the firepower to keep up with a focused Golden State team that boasts five All-Stars in their first five. The Warriors will likely use the first round of the series against the Clippers as a tune up to get ready for a big test against Houston Rockets in the second round.