SpaceX and NASA are currently investigating the cause of the anomaly, which led to the failure of the engine from the Dragon capsule, designed to carry people between the Earth and the International Space Station. The incident occurred on April 20, but did not lead to any injuries.
According to the spokesperson of SpaceX,. The anomaly caused a serious failure with the Crew Dragon and may have led to the loss of the spacecraft, but the details remain small. After the incident, bloated, orange smoke was spotted over the test area at Cape Canaveral, Florida and unchecked video of a vehicle spread on Twitter, showing a fiery explosion. Since then, the video has been removed.
The spacecraftand passed a series of tests on his SuperDracos, a set of eight missile engines designed to throw it out of a carrier rocket in the event of an emergency. Head of the NASAP Aerospace Safety Advisory Group (ASAP), Patricia Sanders, said on Thursday that the release of small Draco engines was successful, but the release of the eight SuperDracos caused anomalies. participation ", ̵
Former astronaut and current member of ASAP Sandra Magnus realizes that around this discontent is a lot of interests, but a call for patience. The investigation is currently collecting data, and Magnus made it clear that there will be no crew mission until the commercial crew program receives "the data they need."
NASA and SpaceX plan to launch a crew dragon on a Falcon 9 bunker this year to test their abandonment capabilities – using SuperDraco engines – and then prepare for the launch of two NASA astronauts in its first crew demonstration in July. Although not officially yet, NASA has recently removed the dates they were filming from their launch schedule.
"It's too early to speculate about how this work will change based on recent events," Magnus said.