2) Alicia Case redefined the role of leading show-show. Keys, the 15-time Grammy winner, was not a comedian and did not try to be. But she is a herd and charming presence, as well as an outstanding singer and favorite former collaboration of many people in the room. So she leaned over to it, performing a song of someone else's songs, where last year's host, James Corden, filled up with a skateboard.
3) These Grams worked a lot to redeem past gates. Mainly, where the president of the Academy of Sound Recording and Chief Executive Officer Neil Portnov stated that after last year he published a list of mostly male winners that women need to "intensify" to compete in the music business. In addition to the great rewards for Musgraves, Gaga, HER, Cardi B and Dua Lipa – who is Portnow with her best new performer, saying: "I think that this year we really activated"
4) This year's performances were particularly strong . Musgraves performed the "Rainbow" ballad with a subtle elegance to match its natural charisma, while Brandy Carlyle (who won three awards in the early hours of the night, but none during the TV show) positively defeated "Joke." H.E.R. winning many new fans with their Hard Place performance, Dua Lipa and Saint Vincent were unlikely but a powerful couple when they performed each other's songs, Chloe x Halle served as a left-handed knockout specializing in the wonderful vocal harmonies Cardi B made "Money" with a sophisticated arrangement, and Camila Cabelello opened the night, chairing all the stars of the main players in the Latinx music, including J. Balvin and the whore Ricky Martin.
5) The eternal GIF was born. This evening, Diana Ros did not receive any rewards – and she has only one gram to her, the award for achievement in her life since 2012 – but she has captured her spotlight with great pleasure. Introduced by her charming 9 year old grandson, Ross crashed into several hits (opening with "The Best Years of My Life") before standing at the top of the literal Eddestan, a flowing red dress, and shouting, "Happy Birth to meeeeeee! "Her 75th birthday is not until March 26. Accept this: You are already planning to print that the GIF is the next time you will be within the 44 days of your own birthday.
6) Abridged Dispute Guide, & # 39; with Grammy, 2019. Greta Van Fleet, a rock band known for its unsurpassed sound resemblance to Led Zeppelin, won the best rock album – aka Another gram less than Led Zeppelin ever received during her Repeeter 21 Savage, who is currently detained at a immigration meeting, had until recently had to speak and never Wonderful until the end of the TV show, when the singer Hadzini Gambino Ludwig Gerasson acknowledged in a speech, Motown was entrusted with the dance pop star Jennifer Lopez, who was … an interesting choice for such a responsibility. Ariana Grande had to speak to very recently, when the dispute with the producers of Grammy became public, she also tweeted (and then removed) her discontent when her former partner, the late McCullo Miller, lost the Best Rap Album for Cardi B. And finally Drake – who also abandoned you onannya – accepted his Grammy for Best Rap Song (for "God's plan"), minimizing the importance grams; In a bit of a bad optics, his performance was unceremoniously reduced by the producers.
7) Speaking of bad optics … About three hours in a television program that drastically reduced the performances of several of its greatest winners, Grammy still found time for a long tribute to Portnew, who retired this summer. Whatever his contributions to the Academy of Recording and the Music Industry, no one ever never looked at the Gramm for Neal Portnow whose tribute, at least, felt as long as for the Areti Franklin 19659012] 8) Several performances felt like they were shown in half an hour from the first-class alternative universe. Janelle Monáe published a brief but powerful mini-fairy tale, along with a cameo on trousers with a video for "PYNK", and Dolly Parton headed for the show rides starring Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus , Maren Morris and a small big city. In the event that Super Bowl people made notes after the warm responses of Maroon 5 earlier this month …
9) It was a good night to play the Tiny Desk. If you forgive farewell, Tiny Desk veterans won the Sunday Grammys, including Kacey Musgraves, HER, Brandi Carlile, St. Vincent, Daniel Caesar, Leon Bridget and PJ J. Anderson. Paak, Sesil Macrolin Salvant, Panch Frater, Dave Chapel, Terence Blanchard, Strange Albert Jankovic, Crown Cronos and Actor Trip Visit of Band on Broadway. Tiny Desk Contest inaugural winner Fantastic Negrito won her second Grammy and even thoughtfully screamed Tiny Desk in her speech. As a rabbit hole go, you could do a lot worse than where this item will guide you.
10) opinion for the next year. Of all Grammy contradictions that will last from year to year, one of the least discussed is how nominations for the largest categories of awards are selected. In essence, the group is going to reduce the list of the main recipients of votes to eight (or, in previous years, to the number of candidates). But they do not elect eight vertices of the voters; they actually choose which nominees they would like to see. Or, more importantly, they call the nominations that can make the Grammy look bad or dumb, or out of touch.
Last year, this meant that Ed Sheran was a bestseller whose song "Shape of You" was one of the greatest hits of recent years – has been closed out of all major categories, presumably to prevent him from over reigning over Kendrick Lamar. (Instead, Bruno Mars made honors.) This year, Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift were excluded from all major categories, indicating that the Academy of Records saw the possibility of winning them as a potential embarrassment. In fact, in the category of "Best Pop Vocal Album" – in which Grande has won Swift, Camila Cabelo, Kelly Clarkson, Sean Mendes and Pink – none of the nominees has gone to claim one of eight nominations for the "Album of the Year". What, finally, raises the question: What exactly is Grammy afraid of here? Grande is an extremely famous young star whose diaper was a hit both by critics and fans; she is pretty good, in fact, she just won Grammy for her best vocal album. Swift, for its part, was nominated for 32 grams and won 10. Whatever you think about the reputation of the album his exclusion from the main categories of Grammys was highlighted – especially when you think the Grammy committee had no doubt about nominating, say, Post Malone for the album and record of the year. At some point in the near future, people who control Gramm must answer a few questions about what is actually so uncomfortable with pop music.