As YouTube tries to resolve the issue of child exploitation in the comments section of its platform, some creators have expressed concern about what will happen if their videos are displayed as a result of advertisers being removed and content suppressed. The Verge reported on Friday that tweet from Team YouTube sent creators a further helix after the company announced its actions against "inappropriate comments."
took a number of steps to better protect the YouTube community from content that threatens minors, "according to . "Regarding the actions we have taken, even if your video is suitable for advertisers, inappropriate comments may result in limited or missing ads in your video.
Advertisers began to charge for advertising on the site after YouTuber Matt Watson shared a Sunday video that highlighted the methods used by visible pedophiles in video comments to use children, including the exchange of contact information, subtitling videos in inappropriate order, and the timing of certain parts Video: Due to the loss of major advertising clients such as Nestlé, Epic Games and Hasbro, YouTube has taken extraordinary measures to prevent ads from appearing on content that may be a magnet for bad actors.
Representative YouTube has said it has a limited number of video ads that can comment on young subprats who are at risk of such predatory activity, and YouTube also closes comments from millions of minors videos to curb the issue at the moment.
For creators whose videos include their children for example, limited or demo-rated videos may be a problem. Some creators tweeted that they felt they were punished for comments that were not under control. Others are concerned that the temporary YouTube system can be abused by malicious commentators who seek to untwist authors.
"Although the authors of these videos could not do anything wrong, we go above and beyond the existing remedies in the near future. to content that may or may involve minors, "the YouTube team wrote in its pledge blog about the changes. "Our goal is to protect the creators and wider ecosystem while we are improving our systems."
In addition to the above changes, a YouTube spokeswoman said earlier this week that the company had removed hundreds of accounts associated with individuals leaving what the company perceives to be cynical comments on minors' videos. YouTube also reports illegal comments to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to work with law enforcement agencies.
"Any content, including comments that threatens minors, is disgusting and we have clear rules that prohibit it on YouTube," YouTube says in a statement. "We immediately took action by deleting accounts and channels, reporting bad practices to authorities and disabling comments on tens of millions of videos that include minors. Much more needs to be done and we continue to work to improve and catch abuse faster.