Here is today’s update of COVID-19 from the District Agency for Health and Social Services with data up to October 17.
- According to state monitoring, San Diego County remains at level 2, which is also called the Red Level.
- The estimated number of cases in San Diego is 6.8 per 100,000, compared with 6.5 in the previous estimate. Restrictions for level 2 – 7.0.
- The percentage of positive test is 3.0%, compared to 3.5% last week, placing it at level 3 or orange.
- The state equity of health equity considers positive test results for areas with the lowest health conditions. This metric does not move counties to more restrictive levels, but requires promotion.
- The percentage of positive testing for county health care is 5.7, compared to 6.2 percent reported on October 6.
- The California Department of Health will conduct district assessments on a weekly basis, with the next report scheduled for Tuesday, October 20.
- One new community outbreak was confirmed on October 17 in the business.
- In the last seven days (October 11-17), 32 outbreaks of the community were confirmed.
- The number of community outbreaks remains above seven or more for seven days.
- A community outbreak is defined as three or more cases of COVID-19 in and in people from different households in the last 14 days.
- On October 17, the district was notified of 12,233 tests, and the percentage of new laboratory-confirmed cases was 3%.
- The 14-day average percentage of positive cases is 2.7%. The goal is less than 8.0%.
- The daily average test for 7 days is 10,573.
- People with and without symptoms who are at increased risk of developing COVID-19 should be screened. Health workers and key workers, as well as people who have had close contact with a positive case or live in communities that are heavily affected, should also be tested.
- On October 173, 373 new cases were confirmed among San Diego County residents. The total number in the region is now 52,355.
- 3763 or 7.2% of cases required hospitalization by October 17.
- 870 or 1.7% of all cases and 23.1% of hospitalized cases had to be admitted to the intensive care unit.
- On October 17, no new deaths from COVID-19 were reported in San Diego County.
More detailed summaries of the data can be found at County website coronavirus-sd.com will be updated today around 5pm.