Extensive outbreaks of coronavirus have affected three different food businesses in Los Angeles County, according to CBS LA. Affected enterprises: Golden State Foods Corp. in the city of industry; S&S Foods in Azuz; and Mission Foods (the maker of these Mission tortillas, among others) in trade. There are more than three dozen cases of coronavirus in each locality, and a total of almost 60 cases of COVID-19. None of these three businesses reported district health officials, if required.
And in other news:
- In the city center, the Michelin-starred Japanese restaurant Hayato returns its favorite bento boxes. The daily version has been hard to score since Hayato first opened, but now the calendar has been cleared and fans can record box bookings starting August 10 to August 1.
- LA Taco has details about Hangaburs, a new humorously named smashing window in El Sereno.
Osteria Motza still feeds people who are not hired, through Lee’s initiative, with funds from the Maker’s Mark. Meals can be taken for lunch until 14:00, Monday to Saturday.
- Beverly Hills restaurant Nerano turned into a pizzeria in the afternoon. Pies, only available on weekdays, can be eaten on the restaurant’s ample patio from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., along with wine and parties.
- Playa del Rey Bar and Tripel Restaurant are permanently closed. Chefs Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts say that “we are left at a time when normal operations are not possible. We have completed our lease, our landlord is selling the building, and compiled on the health and safety issues in the communal plan of our canteen, we remain in a state of uncertainty that outweighs the scope for new negotiations on the lease term. . “
- Off Menu and Uber Eats have teamed up for a new digital event called Wing Showdown, where celebrities from Shaquille O’Neal to Snoop Dogg are teaming up with restaurants to show off their own wing recipes. Local and national restaurants will be involved, and Uber Eats serves as an ordering platform for fans who want to try different options from restaurants in their area. The whole thing starts tomorrow and lasts until August 2.